Botanical name: Calendula officinalis
Plant part: Flower
Extraction: Maceration/Infusion in Argan Oil
Said to be named after The Virgin Mary with whom it has been associated since the 14th Century, the beautiful bright orange flower of the Pot Marigold or Calendula plant has been used for centuries for healing and skin care.
A truly powerfully potent herb with anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antiviral properties, it is also considered gently soothing enough to help treat the most sensitive of skin, a property which makes it a favorite ingredient in most natural based diaper rash creams and salves.
There is almost no way to get 100% pure marigold calendula essential oil, which makes calendula essential oil an infusion and not a pure extract.
- Beneficial antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
- Helpful in reducing fevers.
- Helpful as a general tonic.
- Helps eliminate gastrointestinal inflammation and normalize system to ease discomfort.
- Helps regulate, induce menstrual flow, ease obstruction and reduce pain.
- Helps relax muscles to soothe convulsions, cramps, and contractions.
- Helps relieve pain from arthritis and gout.