Botanical name: Cinnamomum verum
Plant part: Bark
Extraction: Steam distillation
Cinnamon is considered to be one of the oldest spices in human history with records showing its value by ancient Egyptians, Chinese and in Ayurveda. It has been linked to prosperity, progress, claimed to attract wealth and in ancient Egypt was considered to be of equal value to gold.
Cinnamon bark essential oil is obtained from the outer bark which is considered to be the most important part of the Cinnamon verum tree and is typically more expensive than Cinnamon leaf oil as a little goes a very long way.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Beneficial analgesic properties help relieve pain from tight and sore muscles, aches, stiff joints, headaches etc.
- Beneficial anti-nausea properties.
- Helps improve blood circulation to reduce pain which is beneficial to people dealing with arterial diseases due to its natural anti-coagulant properties.
- Helps boost the immune, metabolic, circulatory and digestive systems.
- Helps improve brain function and activity to combat memory loss.
- Detoxifying and rich in antioxidants which helps expel toxins and other potential damage inducing free radicals from the body.
- Powerful decongestant properties help alleviate colds, the flu, sore throats and other symptoms of congestion.
- Helps control and maintain a healthy blood sugar level, which is beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Anti-inflammatory properties along with the aforementioned circulatory, detoxifying and analgesic properties are helpful in treating arthritis, rheumatism, muscle spasms.
- Emmenagogue properties beneficial in treating obstructed menses, reducing pain and regularizing period frequency.