Cistus Hydrosol is the by-product of the extraction process of Cistus ladanifera Essential Oil through steam distillation. This steam distillate has most of the properties of Cistus aka Labdanum Essential Oil not as potent, but with lots of the same therapeutic benefits of the oil but with a milder effect making it suitable for use directly on the skin without dilution see here for the many benefits of Labdanum Essential Oil.
It is suitable and beneficial to all skin types, especially oily or aging skin and can be used as a facial toner, mist, aftershave or to treat wounds and other issues.
- Use immediately after cleansing to firm and tone skin before moisturizing.
- Helps decrease large pores and prevent excess oiliness.
- Spray on wounds, cuts and scrapes to stop bleeding on impact and promote clotting of blood.
- Soak a cotton ball in Cistus hydrosol and gently insert it at the opening of the nostril (do not push deep inside) as first aid for nose bleeds.
- Its anti-aging properties help smoothen skin, erase fine lines, crow's feet and wrinkles.
- Use as a wound disinfectant spray to clean wound prior to dressing to prevent infection.
- Helps treat broken capillaries
- Helps diminish stretch marks and scars from acne spots, cuts etc.
- Use as an all-natural, toxin-free, gentle aftershave immediately after shaving to soothe skin and heal cuts from the shaving blade.
- Dab on cold sores to use as a treatment or inhale via steam to help with flu symptoms due to its potent antiviral properties.
- Use as a soothing spray to induce calm and relaxation.
Antiviral, antiwrinkle, astringent, styptic, cicatrizant, immuno-stimulant and styptic.
How to use:
1. Apply to a cotton ball and clean face in gentle circular motions
2. Spray directly on face and neck/ body to use as a Facial/ Body Mist or after shaving as an aftershave.
Use twice daily on clean face and neck, moisturize after use.
In BPA free, airless pump bottles to improve shelf life and prevent bacteria formation
INCI: Organic Cistus ladanifera Hydrosol (Steam distillate)
Best used within 18 months after opening. To maximize shelf life, store in a cool place preferably the fridge.