Botanical name: Canarium luzonicum
Plant part: Resin
Extraction: Steam distillation
The word "Elemi" is an Arabic phrase meaning "above and below", believed to mean "As it is above, so it is below" hinting at the spiritual connotation of this innocuous essential oil. which is obtained from the dried resin of the Canarium luzonicum tree.
Documentation has been said to show how much ancient Egyptians used Elemi, even as a regular ingredient in their skincare preparations, medicinal salves, poultices, incense, in treating migraines, coughs, bronchitis and other respiratory issues. It is even quite possibly one of the first aromatics they used along with Frankincense, Myrrh, Galbanum, and Cedar.
Elemi Essential Oil
- Beneficial analgesic properties help relieve pain from colds, sprains, fevers, joint pain, muscular pain, headaches, and migraines.
- Beneficial antiviral properties help fight illness causing bacterial and viral infections.
- Helps soothe and relax muscles due to anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties.
- Helps ease exhaustive coughing from phlegm accumulation and relieve congestion in the lungs, nose, nasal tract, windpipe, bronchi, trachea and lungs to improve breathing due to strong expectorant properties.
- Stimulant properties aid digestion, instigate hormonal secretions, control bile discharge, induce neuron responses, improve respiration, regulate blood and menstrual flow due to stimulant properties
- As a general body tonic Elemi Essential oil helps protect against infections and ensure smooth function of the circulatory, respiratory, nervous, and endocrinal systems.
- Helps prevent infections in various body organs e.g. colon, bladder, stomach, kidney, intestines, and urinary tract.
- Helps treat sinusitis, dry coughs, catarrh and other respiratory conditions
- Helps stimulate digestive juices and absorption of nutrients which helps improve digestion and ease discomfort.