Botanical name: Boswellia serrata
Plant part: Resin
Extraction: Steam distillation
Like all other EOs from the species, Indian Frankincense EO is also produced via the dried sap of the gummy resin from the tree trunk, which is what we call “frankincense,” that has long appeared in religious and ritual ceremonies.
Our Indian Frankincense offers a direct ancestral connection with the sacred-saps of Ancient India, it is the oldest documented species and has even been said that this particular species of Frankincense was the one mentioned throughout the Bible and adored for its sanctifying scent.
Indian Frankincense Essential Oil
- Helps regularize and improve the frequency of urination to expel excess salt, toxins, water, other waste from the body due to its diuretic properties
- A powerful anti-arthritis and anti-rheumatic treatment due to its analgesic, anti-inflammatory, circulatory, detoxifying and immunostimulant properties which work together to give immense relief for people with these issues.
- Helps reduce and relieve inflammation all over the body which can cause pain, swelling, general discomfort, muscle and joint pain etc. and is thus very beneficial in treating arthritis, rheumatism, osteoarthritis etc
- Helps treat and reduce endocrine disruption and balance hormone levels, regulate estrogen production levels to prevent excess build up.
- Emenagogue properties help regulate the menstrual cycle, anti-inflammatory, and strong analgesic properties help relieve pain from abdominal cramps, headaches, nausea etc. Its aroma helps relieve fatigue, mood swings, anxiety etc. It also aids in maintaining uterine health and may help in reducing the risk of uterine cysts and tumors in premenopausal and post menstrual women
- Help ease increase blood flow and circulation in the body which helps keep the body functioning optimally, reduce oxidative stress on the heart, improve heart health and reduce cortisol levels.
- Beneficial in treating diabetes as it helps decrease cholesterol, blood glucose levels, protect and detoxify the kidney and liver to prevent complications e.g. hyperglycemia (abnormally high blood sugar) etc.
- Beneficial in treating allergies, asthma, bronchitis, pleurisy, laryngitis, coughs etc. as it helps cut down phlegm buildup and congestion in the nose and lungs, open, stimulate and clear sinuses, nasal and respiratory tracts to soothe the respiratory system which eases breathing.
- Digestive properties help boost chemical reactions the body needs to properly absorb food. It also aids in expelling unwanted gas from the intestinal system to give relief from constipation, cramps, gas, irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal discomforts.
- Helps enhance and strengthen the immune system by producing enough white blood cells and stimulating the lymphatic system. It also has antimicrobial compounds effective against viruses, bacteria, fungi to help the body fight off infections and disease and support rapid healing.