Melissa Hydrosol is the by-product of the extraction process of Melissa officinalis Essential Oil through steam distillation. This steam distillate has most of the properties of its essential oil and is also very beneficial therapeutically. Much milder than its very powerful oil, it can be used directly on the skin without dilution, see here for the many benefits of Melissa Essential Oil.
It is suitable and beneficial to all skin types, especially oily/acne prone or aging skin and can be used as a facial toner, mist, aftershave or to treat wounds and other issues.
- Restore, revitalize and repair skin.
- Suitable for all skin types, very beneficial to oily, acne prone, hyper-sensitive and aging/mature skin
- Clarifies and calms the skin to soothe rashes, irritation, eczema, psoriasis etc.
- Helps tighten pores to smooth out wrinkles and balance skin oils to reduce breakouts and eruptions from acne, blackheads, rosacea etc.
- Helps tighten pores to reduce excess oils and is thus an excellent toner for oilier skin types, its antiviral and antibacterial properties also help prevent and treat acne (even hormonal), blackheads, herpes/cold sores etc.
- Spritz on face to bring emotional calm, diffuse anger, induce sleep and relaxation or just to uplift and relieve anxiety, stress and symptoms of depression or lower blood pressure.
- Spray on or use as a compress to relieve painful, itchy shingles
- Helps regulate menstrual irregularities, add a bit to a warm bath or use as a compress to relieve PMS symptoms, pain and other menstrual issues.
- Use as an antifungal spray to relieve fungal skin infections e.g. athlete’s foot, ringworm etc. can be used as a spray or in a Sitz bath to soothe candida rashes.
- Helps relieve pain or spasms from headaches, joint or muscle aches etc.
- Dilute 1 in 10 parts to treat cradle crap and clear diaper rash, for best results mix with German Chamomile or Yarrow Hydrosol.
- Use as a face/room spray to help combat environmental allergens, relieve asthma attacks and symptoms of ADHD or morning sickness.
- Anticoagulant, anti-aging, anti-infectious, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, calming, cicatrizant, circulatory, digestive, expectorant, febrifuge, lipolytic, mucolytic, sedative, stimulant, tonic
How to use:
1. Apply to cotton ball and clean face in gentle circular motions
2. Spray directly on face and neck/ body to use as a Facial/ Body Mist or after shaving as an aftershave.
Use twice daily on clean face and neck, moisturize after use.
In BPA free, airless pump bottles to improve shelf life and prevent bacteria formation
INCI: Organic Melissa officinalis Hydrosol (Steam distillate)
Melissa (Lemon Balm) Hydrosol
Best used within 18 months after opening. To maximize shelf life, store in a cool place preferably the fridge.