Botanical name: Fragaria ananassa
Product part: Seeds
Extraction: Cold pressed
Strawberry seed oil is an excellent source of antioxidants, EFAs (essential fatty acids the body needs but is unable to produce itself) and is principally rich in Omega Gamma Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Omega-3, Linoleic, Alpha-Linolenic and Oleic fatty acids.
It is also a rich source of Ellagic acid, (a phenolic anti-oxidant found in the phyto cells of plants) which research has revealed to work on multiple levels as an anti-inflammatory for treating and reducing post UV exposure inflammations.
It also aids in lightening skin affected by exposure and in treating issues of premature aging or age-related skin issues e.g. wrinkles, liver spots etc. All make this versatile oil a greatly sought-after ingredient in the formulation of skin, hair and lip care creams, lotions, balms, serums and anti-aging products.
Strawberry Seed Oil
- Suitable for Aging/Combination/Dry/Normal /Oily/ Sensitive skin
- Deep moisturizing, protects skin outer layer and repairs moisture balance to restore suppleness and smoothness without clogging pores which makes it ideal for the oilier skin types.
- Soothes irritated skin due to its Tannic Acid content which is both antibacterial and astringent, a property that makes it beneficial to sensitive skin
- Repairs, hydrates, softens, maintains elasticity, regenerates and repairs dry, chapped, cracked, flaky, scaly, mature or damaged skin
- Helps delay aging due to its ability to help boost collagen production and richness in Vitamins A and C which are very beneficial in reducing wrinkles, lines and other signs of aging.
- The high content of antioxidants like Gamma-tocopherol in the unrefined oil helps protect from free radical damage, environmental stress and lighten uneven skin to promote radiant, bright, unblemished, glowing skin with regular use.
- High Ellagic Acid content provides anti-inflammatory benefits which help protect the skin against the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays
- It is helpful for treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, sunburn, dermatitis, stretch marks, cellulite, scars, cuts, burns and even brittle nails.
- Can be used as a gentle yet effective makeup remover and lip oil