Botanical name: Ocimum tenuiflorum
Plant part: Leaves & flowering tops
Extraction: Steam distillation
Tulsi is found in almost every Indian household where it has been used for around 5000 years, it is even considered the most sacred herb and lovingly called the “Queen of herbs”
Acclaimed for its healing properties of the mind, body, and spirit as well as a unique blend of medicinal and fragrant qualities gave this herbaceous minty oil the well-deserved nickname "Elixir of life"
Tulsi meaning "the incomparable one", is believed to powerfully boost vitality as it embodies a purifying radiance that refines body, mind, and spirit and is a necessity to be incorporated into daily life.
Tulsi Essential Oil
- Natural adaptogen abilities help balance various body functions by maintaining normal hormone levels and countering metabolic stress by regularizing blood glucose, blood pressure, lipid levels and psychological levels. It also helps boost memory and cognitive function and has anti-depressant and stress relieving abilities. It is thus beneficial in aiding the body’s reaction and ability to handle stress which aids overall wellness.
- Helps boost the immune system, strengthen immunity and protect the body from bacterial, viral, fungal and protozoan infections. It is also reputed to be helpful in inhibiting the growth of certain carcinogenic cells due to its very potent immunostimulant properties.
- Potent germicidal, antibiotic, fungicidal and disinfectant properties help alleviate fevers by protecting the body from and destroying fever causing pathogens and infections.
- Helps facilitate digestion and acts as a digestive tonic to alleviate issues of bowel pain or irregularity, indigestion, cramps, and flatulence.
- Helps repair and minimize the effects of free radical damage on the body and reduce oxidative stress which helps soothe the nerves, lower blood pressure, relieve inflammation and loosen tense blood vessels due to its antioxidant properties. It is thus beneficial in relieving blood pressure related issues and is reputed to be an effective aid in treating ulcers as it helps reduce mucosal damage in the intestines. It is also used to purify and cleanse the air which helps boost brain function, the respiratory and the nervous system and is thus beneficial in relieving anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, and migraines.
- Helps detoxify the body by regulating the level and reducing any uric acid build up, clean out the kidneys and the Acetic acid content can in this oil aid kidney stone dissolution. A mild diuretic effect helps increase urination frequency and analgesic properties help reduce pain during the passing of kidney stones.
- Helps protect against cardiovascular issues due to its ability to inhibit prostaglandin formation and its vasodilatory effect helps normalize blood pressure. It also helps manage, reduce and control blood sugar, glucose, and cholesterol levels. Tulsi is thus beneficial in the treatment of both diabetes and blood pressure issues.
- Beneficial in the treatment of inflammation, neurological or joint pain e.g. headaches, migraines, coughs, colds, menstrual issues, gout joints, arthritis and helps relieve sinus pressure due to potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Helps protect tissues and organs against chemical stress from pollutants and heavy metals. It also helps treat gastroenteritis, mumps, nausea, urinary tract and genital infections, expel and destroy worms in the stomach, protect the body from the effects of radiation poisoning and pollution, physical overexertion and measles due to potent antibacterial, anthelmintic, and antibiotic properties.