Botanical name: Daucus carota
Plant part: Dried Seeds
Extraction: Steam distillation
Also known as "Queen Anne's Lace" in Europe, the essential oil obtained from steam distillation of the dried tiny seeds of the wild carrot has been used for centuries for medicinal purposes and in treating numerous skin and stomach disorders.
Known to be one of the most powerful detoxifiers in aromatherapy, it is also highly rated for its immense skin cell amongst numerous other properties which make it a skincare wonder.
Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Detoxifying and depurative properties help cleanse and eliminate toxic build-up from the blood, tissues, muscles and other internal organs to purify the circulatory, digestive and excretory systems e.g. neutralizing excess and regularizing bile secretions and fight infections in the liver. This is beneficial in treating jaundice, edema, gout, rheumatism, and arthritis.
- Stimulant properties help boost the metabolic and circulatory actions by stimulating brain and nerve function, hormone, enzyme, gastric juice secretion, and peristalsis in the intestines which helps maintain efficiency in all the organic systems.
- Emmenagogue properties are beneficial in regulating the menstrual cycle, relieving pain and eliminating obstruction for a smooth flow.
- Antiseptic, antiviral and disinfectant properties are beneficial in fighting off infections in the stomach, intestines, urinary tract, and viral infections in the respiratory tract. It is thus helpful in treating ulcers, bronchitis, gangrene, measles, the mumps, the flu, coughs, colds, vaginal yeast, candida and other urinary tract infections.
- As a vermifuge, it helps kill and expel intestinal worms and parasites
- Helps ease the pain, inflammation, and cramping of the muscles and joints, beneficial in relieving pain from arthritis, rheumatism, menstrual pain, body aches etc.
- It helps repair free radical damage in the tissues, to protect from stiff joints, muscle weakness, macular degeneration and other age-related issues due to potent antioxidant richness.
- Digestive and carminative properties help improve efficiency in the digestive system and beneficial in promoting an appetite which is helpful when recovering from an illness or treating anorexia. It also promoted the expelling of gas build up in the intestines to prevent bloating and aid discomfort from hiccups.
- Natural diuretic properties help expel fat and toxic build up from uric acid, bile, microbial infections etc. in the urinary system through an increase in the frequency of urination. This helps lower blood pressure as well as clean and maintain optimal health in the kidneys.
- As a tonic, it helps promote red blood cell production, maintain an optimal flow of digestive juices and increase efficiency in the liver, stomach, tissues, and muscles which helps maintain digestive health.
- Helps relieve pain, inflammation, and cramping of the muscles and joints, beneficial in relieving pain from arthritis, rheumatism, menstrual pain, body aches etc.