Yarrow Hydrosol is the by-product of the extraction process of Achillea millefoleum Essential Oil through steam distillation. This steam distillate has most of the properties of Yarrow Essential Oil not as potent, but with lots of therapeutic benefits of its own.
One of the most versatile and sought after hydrosols, Yarrow hydrosol can be used as a facial toner, mist, aftershave or to treat wounds and other issues.
Since it is milder than the essential oil it does not need to be diluted and can be used directly on the skin, see here for the many benefits of our Yarrow Essential Oil which shares some of its properties.
It is suitable and beneficial to all skin types, particularly beneficial to damaged, oily, acne-prone, problematic and aging skin.
- Its strong anti-inflammatory action helps soothe irritated skin, use as spray to relieve burns, sunburn, insect bites or after shaving to prevent bumps or infection.
- Great for treating acne, dermal infections and problematic skin or complexions.
- Helps stop bleeding and cleanse wounds to prevent infection and sepsis.
- Soothes and heals sun and wind damaged skin.
- Calming and relaxing to promote sleep when dealing with insomnia.
- One of the best hydrosols to relieve itching and irritation from psoriasis and eczema.
- Helps reduce fever, aches and pain from colds and the flu
- Use as a compress to relieve rheumatic and joint pain or reduce varicose veins.
- Helps reduce spasms of the digestive, reproductive and muscular systems when used topically.
- Helps treat hemorrhoids, menstrual cramps from painful periods and for post-partum healing when used in a Sitz bath.
- Can be used to calm animals as they like its aroma
How to use:
1. Apply to cotton ball and clean face in gentle circular motions
2. Spray directly on face and neck/ body to use as a Facial/ Body Mist or after shaving as an aftershave.
INCI: 100% Pure, Organic Achillea millefoleum Hydrosol (Steam Distillate)
Best used within 18 months of opening, store in fridge to maximize shelf life.