Botanical name: Aniba rosaeodora
Plant part: Wood
Extraction: Steam distillation
Rosewood Essential Oil a.k.a “boise-de-rose” is obtained from Aniba rosaeodora, an evergreen, aromatic tree which can grow up to 40 meters high and is distinguishable by the red colored wood of its trunk.
In the early 1900’s, not only was the essential oil from this tree extremely popular in high-class perfumery but demand was equally high for the sturdy lumber of its wood which deforestation of the tree.
Since then, the legislature was put in place to ensure that for every tree felled, some were planted, there has also been a decline in the heavy demand for it which has given the trees the opportunity to grow and thrive.
Rosewood Essential Oil
- Beneficial anti-infectious properties
- Beneficial anti-nausea properties
- Beneficial aphrodisiac properties
- Beneficial expectorant properties
- Helpful immunity boosting properties
- Helps stimulate enzymes, acids, bile, blood circulation, digestion, and secretion of hormones
- Help treat nerve disorders and improve cognitive function
- Helps treat colds, coughs, sinusitis and has the ability to regulate muscle contractions which helps in treating asthma and other bronchial disorders