Botanical name: Withania somnifera
Plant part: Roots
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Winter Cherry has been used in the world of traditional medicine for over 4,000 years in homeopathy, traditional Chinese, African and Indian medicine for more than 4,000 years. It is said to have been used by various indigenous African tribes for its medicinal properties in treating inflammations and fevers.
Also known as "Ashwagandha" and"Indian Ginseng", Winter Cherry is known as the most potent and revitalizing herb in Ayurveda (traditional Indian holistic medicine).
Numerous research studies have witnessed the power of Ashwagandha in the treatment of respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases, loss of energy along with psychological and physical stress.
Winter Cherry (Ashwangandha) Essential Oil
- Beneficial immunity boosting properties
- Beneficial in boosting male libido, increase fertility and treat impotence
- Beneficial in controlling cortisol levels, blood sugar and hormones due to its properties as an adaptogen.
- Beneficial anti-inflammatory properties
- Beneficial in treating insomnia
- Beneficial in strengthening uterine walls, ovaries, and ligaments to support a pregnancy.
- Being an immune-stimulant and rejuvenating essential oil, it strengthens the immune system and aids in reducing the effects of chemotherapy.
- It is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies for alleviating pain, swelling, inflammation, arthritis, and rheumatism
- Helps enhance cognitive levels and reduce failure from brain cell regeneration
- Helps promote reproductive health by increasing sperm count and quality to improve fertility and the chances of conception.
- Help treat infertility, white discharge, weak uterus, PCOS and other gynecological disorders in women.
- It has shown to support a sluggish thyroid (Hashimoto's Disease) and improve the health of people with an overactive thyroid (Hyperthyroidism. Grave's Disease)