Botanical name: Melaleuca leucadendron
Plant part: Leaves
Extraction: Steam distillation
Also known as White Tea Tree Oil, this strong, camphoraceous Essential Oil was historically used throughout Asia and more recently worldwide for its many powerful healing properties.
It has shown significant effectiveness in soothing respiratory distress, pain relief and as a cosmetic agent in the production of skin care products.
With its refreshing aroma which imparts uplifting, anger diffusing, purifying feelings it is widely used in meditation to calm one's self from anger and other negative emotions.
Cajeput Essential Oil
- Helps treat neuralgia and relieve pain from headaches, injury, aching muscles, sprains, sports injury etc.
- Helps clear congestion and release phlegm from the lungs to provide relief for respiratory issues e.g. sinusitis, laryngitis and bronchitis due to both expectorant and decongestant properties.
- Its insecticidal properties repel mosquitoes, ants, and other pests when diffused, used topically after dilution or as a spray.
- Stimulates organs, promotes circulation and activates secretions.
- Detoxifies through perspiration which is very beneficial when treating fevers and the flu, by stimulating the Eccrine glands.
- Helps regularize menstruation and clear obstructed menses due to emmenagogue properties.
- Soothes muscle cramps, spasms and reduces inflammation.
- Helps expel gas in the intestine, providing relief from constipation, indigestion etc and inhibits new formations.
- Helps prevent digestive disorders e.g, colic, dysentery, cramps, enteritis etc.