Botanical name: Citrus aurantium Amara
Plant part: Blossoms
Extraction: Steam distillation
Neroli Essential Oil named after the 16th century Princess Anna Maria de La Tremoille of Nerola, Italy is an intoxicating blend of floral and citrus aromas with a vast range of therapeutic benefits. Obtained from the fragrant flowers of the bitter orange tree (Citrus aurantium), this is one of the most precious and pricey essential oils,
To ensure that the highest possible quality oil is produced, the blossoms are handpicked carefully ensuring they are not damaged or bruised, it takes close to 1000 pounds of hand-picked flowers to make just one pound of Neroli essential oil which partly explains its price tag.
Neroli Essential Oil
- Helps reduce minor or chronic inflammation and lessen peripheral and central sensitivity to pain with its potent anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial in treating cramping, swelling, muscular or joint pain, headaches, migraines, menstrual pain and symptoms of arthritis, rheumatism etc.
- Beneficial anti-convulsion, anti-seizure, and antispasmodic abilities help prevent and calm convulsions, ease spasms, and relax muscles all over the body. It is beneficial in relieving spasmodic cholera, coughs, aches, cramps etc.
- Helps significantly reduce systolic and diastolic blood pressure, improve pulse rate, serum cortisol levels and boosts the endocrine system to normalize hormonal imbalances and estrogen concentration. Beneficial to women dealing with PMS or undergoing menopause.
- Its sensual, intoxicating aroma has aphrodisiac properties and it is reputed to help boost libido, treat reduced or loss of interest in sex, frigidity, impotence etc. Beneficial to women during menopause when sex drive is often affected.
- Antimicrobial and antioxidant properties help combat free radical and oxidative damage in the body and organs, boost cell repair and regeneration, prevent and treat bacterial and fungal infestations in the body. Beneficial in treating typhoid, cholera, food poisoning etc. Can serve as a temporary remedy for tetanus, an anti-tetanus injection from a doctor is still mandatory.
- Helps boost and enhance proper circulation, metabolism and supports the immune system as a circulatory and immunostimulant to maintain optimal health.
- Carminative properties help expel toxic gas build up in the stomach and intestines, beneficial in relieving stomach discomfort and inflammation, indigestion etc.
- Helps boost the immune system, relieve imbalances and irregularities in the nervous system on a deep cellular level to calm tense and frayed nerves, promote the generation of new cells and stimulate health of existing ones, maintain emotional balance, optimal metabolism rate and circulation with its properties as an excellent general tonic for the body. Beneficial in treating neuralgia, colitis etc.
- Helps improve breathing by monitoring and preventing excess mucus formation to prevent congestion in the lungs, nasal and respiratory tracts. Beneficial in treating coughs, colds, flu etc.
- Helps protect from and treat infections of the colon, prostate, kidneys and urinary tracts due to beneficial disinfectant properties.